Plenti - We should have known better.

2.4
Additional Fees

On May 25 we decided to use the 5,664 points we'd built up to make a purchase at Rite Aid. The cashier received a message saying "transaction can't be completed" when we put in our phone number and PIN.

So moments later we tried the purchase again and, Gee what do you know, the points weren't there. They'd been deducted from our account even though the sale hadn't gone through. We paid full price for the items we bought. The cashier and manager at Rite Aid were extremely apologetic because they had no way of refunding our points or making any headway with Plenti.

We called Plenti an hour later. The rep said our "dispute" would take five to seven days to resolve and we would see a refund after Plenti contacted the store directly to confirm our story.

We called a week later. And a week later. And a week later. And a week later. When I used the word "fraudulent" in a twitter post, they contacted me and gave me exactly the same excuse they'd started with. They demanded a receipt for the transaction that never went through. They had no answer as to why they never made any attempt to contact the store.

On July 5 they claimed that our "dispute" would be resolved on July 7 and we would receive a refund then. July 7 came and went, and they said on the phone we would receive a refund on July 9. I'm sure each of the reps on the phone actually believed what they were told from above.

On July 10, a few hours before the Plenti program would disappear forever, we received an email stating that our points had been refunded. The online marketplace had closed months before, Rite Aid was closed, and my wife's car was already full of gas.

In a last desperate effort to use some of our points, I took my car several miles to top off my tank at an open ExxonMobil station. Their pumps had already been re-branded with ExxonMobil's replacement program, and my points didn't work anyway.

So Plenti gets to claim that they honored their commitment and did what they promised (even though it was five weeks late), when in fact what they did was run out the clock to make it absolutely certain that we could not use the benefit of their fraudulent program before claiming to make us whole.

I'm certain we're not the only people American Express (Plenti's parent) did this to. I'd really like to see a class action certified, but the bottom line is that most losses to consumers would be for small dollar amounts like our $56.64 and it just wouldn't be worth the effort.

Fortunately, I teach about fraud and business ethics for a living. So now I have a new story to tell my audiences - and I will.

Product or Service Mentioned: Plenti Rewards Program.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Plenti rewards card sucks

Interest Rate

They cut you off on the last day so they dont have to pay up.oldest scam in the country. THEY know what their doing.everyo e should boycott any business that is affiliated with the plenti card.

Plenti - Awful

Interest Rate

Couldn't redeem points. Couldn't reach customer care and cashier had no clue!

Plenti is DEAD

Additional Fees

So today is the last day to use Plenti Points at Rite Aid but coincidently it’s not working at the 4 stores I went to. I’ve never had a problem using my points before but now that it’s at the end of the wire, it doesn’t accept.

I’ve been on hold with rite aid and Plenti for an hour each and still no answer. Plenti is a fake and there should be a class action suit against them.

If you didn’t want to allow customers to redeem points then you should have just said that instead of giving the impression that points are good until 7/10/18. I can’t stand a liar!

Plenti - You guys are idiots

Nobody cares about your stupid *** rewards program that sucks is ending. *** your spam

Plenti - NOT Worth the Hassle

After 2 years of filling up my gas tank, I had $3 credit! I'm not using it anymore, it isnt worth it.

Plenti - 1st time attempt to redeem expiring points

Never before have I tried to redeem my points over the years only continued to collect. Now since they will expire soon I thought it best to attempt to use some.

I printed the instructions on how to redeem, went to the Exxon/Mobil gas station. Insert my Plenti card, nothing was different then what I normally saw on the pump screen. Selected & pumped my fuel. Received receipt.

I went inside and asked the clerk about why I wasn't asked to redeem my points at the pump. The clerk played ignorant about the Plenti card. I called Plenti and finally after 10 minutes of going through phone tree, I got a real person. Explained what happened, but it seemed as if customer service only knew how to read questions from a cue card.

Essentially making me repeat everything.

I was not assisted in anyway from the gas station clerk or the Plenti customer service. I won't be participating with Plenti any longer.

Plenti - Would not accept my code

At pump, prompted for code. Assuming that is the PIN?

We Teresa but would not accept.

Very frustrating. Would like to use the points before the program ends.

Product or Service Mentioned: Plenti Rewards Program.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

This is the most ridiculous thing in the world, I have called over and over it does not except my card number...I get hung up on. Honestly the little bit of points on this card are not even worth the crap trying to use them. Maybe this is why they are shutting down!

Plenti - Too much spam without user control.

Winn-dixie feels the need to send me about 10 emails a week because of their Plenti card. I do not want to shop for coupons online.

Viewing my local ads is enough. It takes too much time endless surfing through possible coupons that have no particular order. Finally, I find time to get into my Plenti account (need to know your username and password). There is no option to opt out according to my preferences.

I need to take it all or nothing. FINE, I don't want to surf through 10 emails a week either that are all seemingly crying to attention, SAVE NOW!

Never once have I been able to take advantage of their offers because it wasn't what I could use. Plenti isn't saving me anything. What a pain in the butt.

Just too much lost time to a chore I already have.

I want this to end. STOP ALL THE SPAM!

Plenti - The worst

Interest Rate

I have never been able to use my points anywhere ., not able to access them. Their customer service told me to order me a new card 5 times & I NEVER rec’d one !

They are clueless & all my points are now wasted .. it’s no wonder the program is ending